📲 Fat Loss Calculator: http://bit.ly/2O4gqW4
#1 Best Pre Workout Meal: Bananas 1:19
#2 Best Pre Workout Meal: White Rice & Brown Rice 1:38
#3 Best Pre Workout Meal: Oats 2:07
#4 Best Pre Workout Meal: 100% Whole Wheat or Brown Rice
#5 Best Pre Workout Meal: Whole Grain Bread 2:48
#6 Best Pre Workout Meal: Baked Potato 3:01
#7 Best Pre Workout Meal: Green Smoothie with Fruit 3:22
#8 Best Pre Workout Meal: Ezekiel, Turkey or Chicken Wrap 3:42
#9 Best Pre Workout Meal: Apples and Peanut Butter 4:06
#10 Best Pre Workout Meal: Power Bars & Protein Bars 4:36
People respond differently to eating before a workout. Some people can get a better workout if they eat before hand because of the energy that this food will provide. Meanwhile other people can’t eat before their workout without feeling nauseous and it interfering with their performance. There is no set in stone answer for whether you should or shouldn’t be eating before your workout, it all depends on what helps your perform better in the gym.
For this video lets pretend that you’re the type of person that responds very positively to eating before a workout. The big question that you probably have is what should you eat to maximize your performance? I want to give you the 10 best proven pre workout foods.
1. Bananas – These are great because they’re easily digestible, and provide your body potassium, which you’ll be needing because I”m sure you’re going to be sweating really hard during your workout. Any fruit before a workout could help, try mixing it in with some protein source such as fat free Greek yogurt.
2. White Rice and brown rice mix. This was always one of my favorite pre workout meals. You eat the white rice for fast easily digestible energy, and you eat the brown rice for slower digesting longer duration energy. When you have both your energy levels should stay high throughout your entire workout. Have this with some chicken breast or legumes
3. Oats. Oats are another slower digesting carb because they provide soluble and insolluble fiber. They also contain B vitamins which is the vitamin responsible for converting carbohydrates into energy. A good meal would be oats, some fruit, milk, almond milk, or water, and some protein powder.
4. 100% whole wheat or brown rice pasta. This is another one of my favorites something about pasta just gives you tons of energy. Throw in a solid protein source with the pasta and you’ll killing it during your workout.
5. Whole Grain Bread. If you don’t have time to cook this is a quick, easy, and convenient way to get your pre workout carbs in. You can have this with some hard boiled eggs for protein.
6. Baked potato. You can have a yam or a sweet potato as well, but the baked potato will be digested and available for energy faster than the sweet potato. You can have this with some fish or any kind of low fat protein that you like to eat with potatoes.
7. Green Smoothie with fruit. Whats a better way to go into your workout than with all of your micro and macro nutrients available for use. To make this smoothie just blend up some green veggies like kale, chard, broccoli, and spinach with some fruits. You can add a scoop of protein in this smoothie to have your protein needs covered.
8. Ezekiel turkey or chicken wrap. Ezekiel wraps are hard to work with, but if you heat them up before hand their more malleable. If you really hate how crappy Ezekiel wraps are regular multi-grain wraps will be okay too. Double wrap your turkey or chicken with two wraps to increase carbs if you need the extra calories and energy.
9. Apples with Peanut Butter. This meal is not the best pre workout meal because of the fat found in peanut butter, but if you really don’t want to eat a whole meal having some apples with peanut butter can give you the energy you need for your workout. This meal is not for those people that take forever to digest their meals, because that peanut butter will still be digesting while you work out.
10. Power Bars and Protein Bars. Although this is not one that I would refer to as the greatest pre workout meal it could be a real life safer if you can’t get to any real whole food. Power bars are good to give your body the carbs it needs for energy, protein bars are good for…you guessed it protein.
Now I want to real quick answer all pre workout meal timing questions.
How long before your workout you should eat these foods is another question that is very dependent on the individual. If you have a fast digestive system then you may want to eat your pre workout meal 30-60 minutes before your workout. On the other hand if food tends to take a while for you to digest you may